Popular drinks in the summer time usually revolve around chilled sodas, or other packaged drinks that might not be the most healthy options, when consumed frequently. So we asked the lovely ladies at betterbutter.in to put together a list of interesting DIY summer drink recipes for you to try at home. They’re made from ingredients you’re likely to already have in your kitchen, are super easy to put together, and are healthy. Pretty cool… or shall we say, cooling?
Fresh Plum Juice
Prep Time: 0 minutes; Cooking Time: 5 minutes; Serves: 2
- 5 – Plums
- 1/3 cup- sugar
- 1 1/2 cup – water
- Wash the plums under running water. Pit and chop in to small pieces along with skin.
- In a saucepan, .boil the sugar and water together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the chopped fruit in to it .Mash it slightly with the ladle to extract the juices.
- When all the fruit pulp is mashed well turn off the gas.Strain the juice.
- Dilute it with some chilled water and serve.
For more recipes from Babitha Costa, click here
Sugarcane Kiwi Cooler
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cooking Time: 5 minutes; Serves: 2
- 1 green kiwi sliced
- 1 cup sugarcane juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 kiwi slice for garnish
- In a blender process all the ingredients well.
- Kiwi sugarcane cooler is ready.
- Serve chilled.
Tip : You can use strawberry instead of kiwi.
For more recipes from Kanwaljeet Chhabra,click here
Black Grape and Imli Punch
Prep Time: 0 minutes; Cooking Time: 15 minutes; Serves: 2
- 2 cups – Black Grapes
- 2 tablespoon – Imli/Tamarind
- 4-5 – Ice Cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon – Black Salt
- 1/4th tablespoon – Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoon – Sugar
- 2 glasses – Water
- Soak the imli/tamarind in warm water for 15 minutes. Crush the imli and strain it to get a pulp.
- Take the washed black grapes and place it in a juicer. Add sugar to it and juice.
- Strain the juice using a juice strainer. With the help of spoon press the pulp in the strainer well to drain all the juice.
Tip: Make sure you wash the black grapes properly.
For more recipes from Vama, click here
Carrot Butter Milk
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cooking Time: 0 minutes; Serves: 3
- 2 Carrots (grated)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- Salt as per taste
- Blend the carrots, ginger with 1/2 cup of butter milk as a puree, add the salt and remaining buttermilk. Blend everything well.
- Strain and serve immediately.
For more recipes from Priya Suresh, click here
These recipes were originally published on www.betterbutter.in