This spot needs no introduction, but we’ll remind you anyway – Mickey Mouse shaped vegetables, Snow White themed toiletries, Disney characters walking around, or the Mickey Mouse maze designed to bring out the child in all of us… this kid-friendly hotel is an absolute dream come true for your pint-sized darlings.
- Seafront property.
- Approximately 17 km from airport.
- 400 rooms
- 4 restaurants; 1 bar
- 2 swimming pools
The Basics Covered
- Baby cot, Bathtub, Bottle Steriliser, Bottle Warmer
- Child Toiletries, Child Bathrobe and Slippers
- Interconnecting rooms for families are available.
- Babysitting services are available (this service is outsourced to professionals; price is subject to date and time of request).
- Highchairs, Child friendly menus and cutlery
- Children DVDs for rental
- Zero-depth-entry pool featuring a 40-meter waterslide.
- The outdoor Mickey Mouse maze will keep the children (and the child in you) busy for hours!
- Watch your little girl’s dream to be a Disney princess come to life at the enchanting Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique. Her very own fairy godmother–in–training shall wave her magic wand and through the use of make-up, costumes and dazzling accessories, transform her into her favourite Disney Princess (Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Bell, Cinderella, or Rapunzel) or even Minnie Mouse. Packages and costs vary. Reservations (well in advance) are highly recommended.
- Every night at 9pm, a classic Disney tale is read to children in various languages for 10 minutes at the Storybook Playroom (the Kingdom Club lounge for Kingdom Club Guests).
- An outdoor play space with steps and slides for children.
- Let your child and his imagination run loose at the Storybook playroom. Have him engrossed in games, toys and puzzles or simply ‘row’ the charming wooden boat. Better yet, drop in with him for a Disney classic movie in the miniature theatre. The staff can engage him in many fun art and craft activities as well.
- Sign him up for a buddies service and have the cast members keep him busy in the playroom, giving you some time to enjoy high tea upstairs.
- Watch the tots squirm with delight as they dine with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and their other favourite Disney characters on their table at the very enchanting Enchanted Garden. Even the food in this hotel is designed to thrill – Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes, waffles, fruits and vegetables. Expect nothing less than Mickey Mouse shaped desserts and exquisitely crafted Disney dim sums at Crystal Lotus restaurant.
- Have the kids lose themselves (and a lot of your money) at the Kingdom Gifts gift shop selling all kinds of Disney merchandise, stationery, toys, candy, themed apparel and much more.
- Now, for what is known as “The Happiest Place on Earth” –Disneyland – which is on the resort, only minutes away. Whether it is watching the parade, spinning in circles in teacups, sitting on the magnificent carousel, going up and down on Dumbo the Flying Elephant or just watching one of the many world class shows – the tinies will be hypnotized! With a few dozens rides to pick from, make sure the mommies and daddies make time to sneak into some thrilling roller coasters. Wrap up the day with dazzling fireworks at Sleeping Beauty’s castle.
- Victorian afternoon tea at Walt’s Café is a must-do while the kids are busy at the Storybook Playroom.
- A lap or two at the heated indoor pool are the best way to soothe those aching muscles after a day of scurrying around in the park.
Look out for packages that include hotel accommodation as well as tickets to the park. Be prepared that when at this hotel, this is where you will spend most of your time. Hong Kong Island (a different island altogether) is accessible by car, train and bus but requires some planning to get to. Fortunately, there is tons to do at this hotel and the adjoining theme park.
Four Seasons Resort, Koh Samui | 219 Moo 5, 84140, Thailand
A resort where both your kids and you can indulge in a friendly Muay Thai match! Yes, this resort has a special ring designed for training in the popular Thai martial art. Tired of throwing punches? Cool of in your private infinity pool – every villa has one. And between a fantastic private beach and a great kids’ club, can the tots really ask for more at what is arguably one of the finest properties in Koh Samui? I know mine couldn’t.
- Beachfront Resort
- Private Beach
- Distance from international airport is 20 km
- 70 villas (each with a pool)
- 2 restaurants
- 2 bars
- 1 swimming pool
- 2 Tennis Courts
The Basics Covered
- Baby Cot, Bottle steriliser, Bottle warmer
- Interconnecting rooms for families are available
- Babysitting services are available (THB 500 + 7% tax/hour)
- Highchair, Child-friendly menu, Child-friendly cutlery
- Child toiletries, Child bathrobe and slippers
- Toys/gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call 24-hours
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Your little ones can throw a few punches in a fun Muay Thai kickboxing class at the new Bill Bensley-designed Muay Thai training ring at the resort. Designed for children between 4 and 15 years, each class is for 60 minutes and costs THB 2,000 (a second child under 15 years of age can join in for free).
- The spa at the resort offers kid-friendly treatments using natural ingredients like coconut milk, fresh banana, honey and jasmine rice. These are as follows:Happy Smile Facial (for teens) THB 2200 ++, Floating Feet Pedicure THB 1100 ++, Island Princess Manicure THB 1100 ++, Natural Samui Coconut Oil, Massage THB 1900 ++. (Note: Children 6 to 11 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.)
- The resort has many family-friendly activities lined up to ensure some good ol’ fashioned family time together. Hop on to a boat and go catch some fish or don your aprons and rustle up some Thai dishes with the chef.
- On request, the hotel can organize ‘bucket barbecues’ where they deliver hot coals, meats, sauces and everything thing else required for a barbecue to your villa. Spend the evening bonding with the family over the grill!
- For an additional charge, you can hire one of the resort’s two private cruisers and spend a fun day out with the family, island hopping, exploring beaches, snorkeling, fishing and scuba diving.
- The resort’s beachfront location gives you access to a stunning private beach, perfect for hours of fun in the sun for all members of the family. In-house guests can also enjoy complimentary use of Hobie Cats, kayaks, boogie boards, stand-up paddleboards, as well as fishing and snorkeling gear. Beach volleyball, beach ping-pong and beach soccer are there for those who want dive right in.
- On request, the hotel organizes in-villa dining as well as in-villa barbeques, with special menus for infants, children and teenagers.
- Guests are ferried back and forth on this hillside retreat on little buggies – an absolute hit with the younger guests.
- Teenagers can enjoy the pool table and foosball table at The Beach House.
- At this villa-only property, each villa comes with its own infinity pool and outdoor decks, ensuring hours of sun and splashing around.
- Accompany the kids on a guided tour of the resort’s landscape, home to 150 varieties of plants.
- In addition to complimentary use of its two tennis courts and rackets, the resort offers tennis lessons, for both children and adults, at THB 2,500++.
- Kids and adults can spend hours on the beach enjoying a game of French Petanque gone local – Coconut Petanque!
- Special in-room turndown amenities for kids range from coconut cookies with marmalade and jam to cereal bars and juice.
- Special welcome gifts for kids including stuff toys and frisbees.
- The very colourful kids’ club (8 am- 5 pm) caters to children from 4-12 years of age (kids under 4 are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult) and promises to keep them entertained with toys, books, games, art and craft supplies, computers, cartoon and movie shows (with popcorn, of course) and a wide array of activities. These include crab hunts, candle making, cookery, coconut bowling, coral collecting and a whole lot more.
- The resort houses a library with a large selection of books. Guests may borrow kindles as well.
- A yoga pavilion with complimentary morning yoga sessions on Monday and Friday.
- Get a taste of Thai wines and unparalleled views to match, at Koh Bar that boasts of Koh Samui’s widest selection of Thai wines.
- The resort offers a number of destination dining options, from a private cove to a private beach, for couples looking to get away from it all for a few hours.
- Adults too can take the popular martial art Muay Thai training lessons from a professional trainer at the resort’s training ring which range from THB 2500++ – THB 3000++ per person. True Muay Thai enthusiasts can indulge in a Muay Thai Adventure Package at THB 12,000 ++ where after their session, they can join their trainer in VIP seats at the Chaweng Boxing Stadium to view a professional fight.
- Tropical Cocktail Classes are organized at the beach bar at THB 1,800++.
Ayana Resort & Spa, Bali | Jl. Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Kuta Selatan, Badung, Bali, Indonesia
Between the petting zoo, perfumery where they can concoct their own chocolate smelling perfumes, 11 swimming pools, 3 water slides and 2 kids’ club to choose from (guests can use all facilities at the neighbouring boutique resort Rimba) at this super luxe cliff-side family-friendly resort, you can be rest assured that your cherubs will be never ready to leave – even if you ever are.
- Beachfront property
- Private beach
- Distance to Ngurah Rai International Airport is 10 km
- 290 rooms
- 78 private pool villas
- 9 restaurants
- 2 Bars
- 5 swimming pools
- Golf Putting Course
- 3 tennis courts
- Award-winning Thermes Marins Spa
- Beauty Salon
The Basics Covered
- Baby Cot, Baby bathtub, Bottle sterilizer, Bottle warmer, Pram
- Child toiletries, Child bathrobe and slippers.
- Highchair, Child menu, Child cutlery.
- Gift/toy in room on arrival.
- Doctor on call 24-hours.
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (Rp 75,000/child/hr)
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Designated pool for children with two water slides.
- L’Atelier Parfums & Creations studio located at Ayana offers a one-of-a-kind workshop for your little scientists to concoct their own scent from scratch, using essences found in Indonesia. Children smell and identify some fun scents likebubble-gum, strawberry, and chocolate or some classics such as rose and orange. They then select their favorite one and write the formula to create their own perfume. They can also add glitter for that extra dash of excitement. What’s more – they get to name their creation as well as take a bottle and a diploma home (1 hour workshop including 30ml bottle is US$35).
- The newly renovated kids’ club (9 am – 5 pm) comes with a trampoline, toys, foosball, children’s billiard table, flat screen television, X-Box, Wii, table tennis, sand pit, swing set and slide.
The kids’ club programme changes daily, with different activities tailored for the Rai (kids aged 2-4) and the Raka (kids aged 5 and above). Some of the many activities on offer include Balinese dance, weaving, traditional games, Balinese music, ceramics painting, origami, cooking classes, fish feeding, garland making, temple visits, yoga for kids, science demonstrations and ceramics factory visits.Every Saturday, the 4-8 year olds have a chance to dress-up and accessorize in true Bali style. They can try on traditional sarongs and kebayas worn for religious ceremonies and have their hair braided.Then there is a children’s tour of the resort’s 20,000 square meter frangipani garden on a golf buggy. The children are invited to plant a sapling which is named after them. To top it all, the staff photographs the planting of the sapling and sends regular updates to the children on the growth of their tree.The highlight of the kids’ club, however, is its petting zoo that is located next door. Every Saturday, the club takes the children there and provides the feed for the adorable ducks, puppies, rabbits, hamsters, birds, chickens and a lamb housed in the zoo. (Note:Our youngest guests will love the fact that they can choose between two distinct kids’ club, as the Rimba has a kids’ club of its own.The Rimba kids’ club (9 am to 5 pm), decorated in vibrant hues, comes stacked with toys, puzzles, games and books in different languages. The older lot will be thrilled with a mini-cinema, computer games and PlayStation 4.Interestingly, the kids’ club at Rimba offers a completely different set of activities from the kids’ club at Ayana, so that children can opt for a different set of experiences each day. Activities on offer at Rimba include making your own pizza, picture taking, kite making and flying, rock climbing, glitter art, balloon creations, pool parties and a whole lot more)
- Have the hotel pack a picnic hamper and spend the day lolling with the family on the Ayana’s private beach (though one must be warned that it is 197 steps down to Ayana’s private Kubu beach). But it is totally worth it! It is also worth knowing that a complimentary resort shuttle operates daily from 7.30am until 7pm, from Ayana Main Lobby and Villa Lobby to Kubu Beach.
- L’Atelier Parfums & Creations studio gives adults the chance to create their own massage oil and perfume customized to their personality type, which is determined after a series of questions. Once you create your favourite blend (there are 45 essences to choose from including frangipani, vanilla and clove), one portion is used to create your massage oil and the other a perfume that you can take home, along with a LÁtelier Diploma Certificate (30 minutes workshop including 30ml bottle is US$45; 30 minutes workshop including 60ml bottle is US$60).The two-hour L’Atelier Perfume Spa package includes a 75-minute Aromatic Body Massage using the message oil created by you.
As an in-house guest, you may also do the workshop in the privacy of your room or villa for an additional fee.
- Golf buffs can work on their game at the 18-hole putting course.
- Shed some of the excess holiday weight on the jogging and cycling track that runs through the hotel.
- The resort spa boasts the world’s largest Aquatonic pool to provide thalassotherapy treatments using mineral-rich salt water from the underlying Indian Ocean. Further, expect nothing less than fruit baths containing whole oranges, apples, lemons and fresh mint, facials using diamond dust, baths using ocean water and petals from 500 red roses and volcanic earth body wraps.
- Food market tours followed by cooking classes for adults.
- Number of activities catering to adults like yoga classes, nature walks, cycling tours, Balinese dance and Balinese offering demonstrations.
- For parent’s looking to rekindle the love while the kids sweat it out at the kids’ club, Ayana provides the only horse-and-carriage service in Bali, where two stunning white horses take you through the resort’s tropical gardens.
- After the kids hit the bed, let Ayana organize destination dining for the parents at spectacular locations like private jetties extending 30 meters out to sea or secret gardens perched on a cliff-edge, accompanied by private butlers, live entertainment and customized five-course menus.
- Get “on the rocks”, quite literally, at Ayana’s open-top Rock Bar, perched on natural rock 14 meters above Jimbaran Bay. Hailed by many as one of the best bars, in both Bali and the world, it can get very busy, especially at sunset time. Fortunately, as in-house guests of Ayana, you get priority access at the inclinator that traverses the cliff face and is the only way to get up. You also enjoy priority seating. Don’t for get to try their signature drinks like Rock My World and The Rock Stars.
- Complimentary round-trip shuttle bus to the tourist town of Kuta thrice a day.
Staying at the Ayana gives you complete access to all dining and recreation at its sister resort, the neighbouring Rimba, which is also very child friendly. Remember, I am talking a total of 12 restaurants, 3 bars, 11 swimming pools, 3 water slides, 2 spas and 2 fitness centres – all accessible by resort shuttle every 15 minutes. Hard to beat!
Claridges, London | Brook Street, Mayfair, London W1K 4HR
- Heathrow Airport – 25 km.
- Located in Mayfair – London’s most sought after address.
- 203 rooms & suites
- 2 restaurants
- 1 bar
- Health Club
- Baby cot, Baby bathtub, Bottle sterilizer, Bottle warmer, Baby monitor, Diaper changing mat and bin, Prams on hire, Socket covers
- Child menu, Highchair, Booster seats
- Child bathrobe and slippers, Child toiletries
- Toys/gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (£60 for the first 4 hours; every additional hour is £8)
- Children DVDs with a bag of popcorn for a true movie experience.
- Amenities for the little ones include a hip travel satchel with games, Magic Flyers (colorful paper butterflies that take flight when their wings are wound up), a box of Claridge’s pencils and a mini version of Claridge’s signature umbrella. There is also a “Dress Me Up” paper doll with fashionable accessories and a “Make Your Own Hotel” book, which encourages children to imagine Claridge’s and design the hotel through their own eyes, complete with a piano, dressing table and a Claridge’s Doorman.Inside the bag can also be found a Claridge’s Passport where kids can check off each memorable Claridge’s adventure, including riding on Mivart, the rocking-zebra.
- Nintendo and Wii for the older lot.
- At Claridge’s, children are not left out of the tradition of the country’s famous afternoon teas. Claridge’s famous foyer happily hosts 5-10 year olds with their very own afternoon tea menu (which also doubles up as a colouring book; £25/child) that features some kiddie favourites like fairy cakes.
- Turndown service for kids includes homemade cookies and hot milk.
- Complimentary comics and magazines for children delivered to the room with the morning newspaper. These are age and gender specific, from a selection that the child has requested.
- Picnic baskets on request.
- Hyde Park and Green Park are within a short stroll, which is a big boon for families that like to run around, play a sport or just picnic on the greens. Toy mecca Hamleys is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
- Michelin-starred restaurant Fera serving modern British cuisine.
- Many of the city’s famed restaurants like Nobu and Hakkasan are a short walk from the hotel.
- Those who like their labels will love the fact that Claridge’s is minutes away from luxury shopping streets like Bond Street and Oxford Street. Theaters, art galleries and many central London landmarks.
- In-room spa treatments can be arranged for parents who cannot leave their tots.
- Claridge’s Masterclasses like Sunday Roast, Afternoon Tea, British Pudding and Carving are organized for those who want to master some typical British traditions. The classes are priced at £225/person and end with lunch or afternoon tea.
Hotel La Reserve, Geneva | 301, route de Lausanne, 1293 Bellevue, Geneva, Switzerland
Fancy a hotel bang on Lake Geneva with a private Venetian boat to whisk you across the lake, outdoor playground, ice skating rink, supervised kids’ club, Geneva’s largest spa and four fantastic restaurants? Well, not in the heart of the city but three miles from it, find all this and a whole lot more at the gorgeous family-friendly La Reserve. A life-size elephant in the lobby anyone?
- Lakeside hotel
- Distance to Geneva International Airport is about 4.3 km
- Distance to Geneva city centre is less 5 km
- 102 rooms and suites
- 4 restaurants
- 1 bar
- 2 pools
- 2 tennis courts
- Outdoor playground
- Baby cot, Bottle steriliser, Bottle warmer, Baby bathtub, Child bathrobe and slippers
- Highchair, Child menu
- Toy/gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call 24-hours
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (CHF 45/child/hour and CHF 50/two children/hour)
- Children DVDs for rental
- In-room PlayStation available upon request
- La Petite Reserve, a supervised kids’ club (9 am – 6 pm) sits adjacent to the spa where children six months to 13 years of age can be dropped off. This space is equipped with a diaper changing station, soft pad for little kids to play, toys, games, puzzles, books, colouring station etc
- Spa offers treatments for children above 14 years of age
- An open-air playground, complete with a tree house, a wooden obstacle course, swings, slides, a climbing frame and more. Great for sunny afternoons!
- Outdoor pool where (private and group) swimming and diving lessons are held for kids.In addition, a stunning spa pool is open to kids above 14 years
- Skating Rink! Come winter (November to mid-March) and the outdoor pool is converted into the Winter Lodge, at the centre of which sits Geneva’s largest private ice skating rink. Admission and use of ice skates is complimentary for hotel guests. Skating lessons can be booked in advance
- Two tennis courts, including an indoor one, that hold year-round tennis school for children
- Many ground level rooms that come with garden access
- Perfect for families – a lakefront villa with a private garden, wading pool, two bedrooms, dining room, kitchen and helper’s room
- During summer and spring, the hotel’s private boat takes guests to the city centre every 30 minutes
- Subway is a few minutes walk and hotel guests are given complimentary full day passes
- During the months of school holidays, the hotel organizes summer camp for kids where the kids indulge in tennis classes, watersports and an array of fun activities. Lunch and afternoon tea are included. More details on hotel website
- Home to Geneva’s largest (and perhaps most luxurious) spa including 17 treatments rooms, indoor spa pool and hair salon.
- Journey to Geneva’s swanky city centre by an equally stylish, complimentary boat transfer.
If you’re looking for a hotel right in the heart of the city, this one is not for you – it is over three miles from the city centre. But with complimentary transfers by a private (and gorgeous) boat across the lake to the heart of Geneva, whose complaining!
Information source : This list was curated in partnership with ‘With Mandy.’