In the wake of the recent demonetization, the nation has been awaiting the budget for the financial year 2017 – 2018 with bated breath !
Presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today in the Parliament – here is what it means to Parents .
For starters – the Government has increased the allocation for women and children welfare from Rs 1.56 lakh crore to Rs 1.84 lakh crore!
Highlights of Budget 2017-18:
- For pregnant women and lactating mothers, the government’s maternity benefits program “Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana (IGMSY)” will carry a higher fund allocation – from Rs 400 crore to Rs 21,000 crore in the new budget.
- In an effort to bring down the maternal mortality rate, the Government has announced a financial assistance of Rs 6000 for hospital admission, vaccination and nutritional food for pregnant women.
- With more focus on education, the government has proposed a system of annual learning outcome in schools and innovation fund for secondary education to be set up
- The launch of Digi Gaon initiative to provide tele-medicine, education & skills through digital technology is a great move towards convenience at your finger tips. Also, Aadhaar-enabled payment system to be launched shortly to make digital transactions easy for everyone that doesn’t have a debit card pr mobile phone.
- The government will set up national testing agency to conduct all exams for higher education so that CBSE and AICTE can focus on academics. Colleges will be given autonomous status.
- Over 300 Courses to be introduced through the Swayam platform to enable students access to high-quality virtual education.
- 100 India International Skill Centers will be developed across the country. The government plans to train 3.5 crore youth under the Sankalp program.
- The days of free WiFi might soon come true – Allocation of Rs 10,000 crores for Bharat Net project to provide high-speed broadband in over the next one year.
- To make it easy and accessible for all, Head post offices will also issue passports.
- No cash transaction above Rs 3 lakhs will be permitted. A welcome move for a corruption-free India for our children tomorrow.
The focus for this year’s budget has clearly been on – transform, energise, clean and build Digital India.
What’s your take on the budget? Let us know in the comments below.
Image Source: Shutterstock