Simple coffee cake are best for snacking or for breakfast. Top it with your favorite nuts and this will be your go to cake for kids lunches too!
SERVES : 9 Pieces
- 50 grams/ 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 30 grams/ 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 65 grams/ 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 43 grams/ 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 160 grams/ 1 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 57 grams/ 1/4 cup/ 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams/ 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest, optional
- 180 grams/ 3/4 cup sour cream
Make streusel topping
- In a small bowl toss sugar, all purpose, pecans, cinnamon, salt and mix well. Add butter and rub with your fingers. The mixture will be pea sized.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8×8 inch square pan with nonstick baking spray or grease and line with parchment, set aside
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a handheld mixer or in stand mixer, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time and mix until just combined. Followed by vanilla and lemon zest. Add half sour cream and mix until just combined. Follow with flour mixture. Repeat and do not over mix.
- Scrape the mix into prepared pan. Evenly top with streusel mix. Bake until the top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place over wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool. Store in airtight container for 3 days.
Find more exciting easy to make recipes by Suchi Modi here
What’s your secret recipe to the get the little ones on the table ? Submit your recipes here