Stretch Marks are your kids first drawings on your body! Pregnancy changes our skin with the whole lot of hormone play happening in our body. Skin becomes extremely dark during pregnancy with Stretch marks. And the good news is it’s not permanent and it gets better with time after delivery if proper care & attention is given to your skin while pregnant.
For all those who have been asking, here are some quick tips from Uptownmommy how can you treat skin problems in pregnancy like stretch marks, pigmentation, dryness etc.
- Moisturise your skin well. Apply stretch marks creme twice a day after a bath on your entire bump sides, lower back & thighs. I used palmer stretch mark creme.
- Drink lots of water to avoid water retention.
- Skin becomes very sensitive during pregnancy hence can get tanned very easily, so apply sunscreen with SPF 15-20 while stepping out in sun.
- Do not scratch your belly. I use to distract myself and if it was really bad I use to just apply oil with vitamin E. And gently massage. .
- Exercise to keep your blood regulated (speak to your health care provider) .
- Gain weight gradually
- Coconut oil massage works magic on pregnancy belly to keep dryness away. .
- Eat for skin elasticity. Eat Food rich in Collagen like bone broth , Vitamin A, C & E
Here are Silver Rattle’s picks for moms looking for solutions for Stretch Marks, Dry, Itchy Skin, Morning Sickness or Swollen,Tired Feet. These handpicked products that are made with the finest and safest of ingredients to keep you glowing through your pregnancy journey and beyond!
- Natural Body wash, Natural Oil and scrub from The Moms Co.
- Luscious Body Butter from Hydra
- Body oil, firming body lotion , stretch marks cream Palmer’s
- Mother’s Stretch Mark Oil with turmeric and coconut oil from Forest Essentials
- Nourishing and revitalising organic belly (and body) balm from Just B Au Naturel helps soften, tone, and moisturize pregnant skin.